Archive for the ‘Interview’ Category
GREAT…You landed an important job interview! (And isn’t every job interview important?) Naturally, you have thought about your resume, listing your education, accomplishments and experience. You’ve selected what you will wear, and whether you will carry a briefcase or portfolio. You have decided on your references, whether or not you need a haircut, and what shoes to choose. So have each of your competitors!
So how do you stand out from the job interview crowd? Don’t overlook the most important thing you can wear…a great smile! Is your smile ready for success? After your eyes, it is the second facial feature people will notice. Your smile is your calling card, the way you present yourself to the world and to your future employer. Shy, confident, or barely there…each smile sends a different message, setting the tone for your interview,and possibly for your future.
You want to impress your interviewer as the ONE and ONLY candidate your prospective employer should hire. I see patients in my Delaware County dental office who worry that their teeth will not make a fantastic first impression. So many people suffer with discolored, broken or missing teeth or problem breath. You may feel that your teeth are crowded, or you may not like that gap between your teeth. As a Media PA Dentist, I knw these embarassing conditions can prevent you from demonstrating confidence and success.
Before your job interview, Media PA Dentist Dr. Bodak offers 10 tips for a great and successful smile.
Several weeks before your interview:
- Take a few moments to honestly evaluate your teeth, gums, breath and smile. Are you satisfied or is there an obvious problem?
- If it has been a while since you have visited the dentist, make an appointment to have your teeth examined and professionally cleaned. Yellowish tartar buildup is not healthy or attractive.
- After your dental cleaning, ask for an enamel shade analysis. If you want brighter whiter teeth, consider professional cosmetic whitening. It is affordable and can be done in a short period of time. As a MediaPADentist, I find that many patients are candidates for this service.
- Some minor problems may be addressed by simple procedures, such as contouring or cosmetic bonding, during a regular dental visit.
- For those with more extensive cosmetic dental issues, there may be a temporary solution. If you do not have the available time or funds to adress your cosmetic dental needs immediately, your dentist may be able to provide a custom-made cosmetic retainer which can give the the look you want until you are able to complete the dental procedures required.
In the 24 hours before your job interview:
- Avoid highly pungent foods like garlic and onions for 24 hours before your interview. The odors from these foods are excreted in your body oils and saliva for many hours.
- On the day of your interview, brush and floss well before you leave home for your appointment. Don’t forget to gently brush your tongue, then smile!
- Since some beverages can stain, sip water, rather than soda, coffee or tea, until your interview is concluded.
- If the job interview is scheduled later in the day, invest in a small travel toothbrush, travel sized toothpaste and floss. Visit the restroom to use them, if possible, just before your meeting.
- Not sure about your breath? Bring along a travel sized bottle of non-alcoholic mouthwash.
- Now You are Ready to Relax and Smile for Success!
If you would like to address your dental concerns with an expert in Delaware County, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia, call our friendly office at (610) 565-2868 to schedule your apppointment. You will feel comfortable and welcome here because I care about your comfort and dental health, and I never hurt anyone! We offer a number of affordable discount programs and special offers. Together, we can restore your healthy, confident smile with gentle, personalized and care by Dr. Bodak, Mdia PA Dentist.
Wishing you success and a lifetime of beautiful, healthy smiles!